Building Area Measurement
Website soponsored by Solid Tech Prpoerty Measurement
Serving the U.S. from
Training and Support
In doing consulting and teaching of building area measurement, I have found that there are some issues that repeatedly confront those who practice this craft, whether they are old hands or newbies. Below is a collection of aids that you may find helpful.
- Building Area Measurement teaches classes! For more information, see these Class Descriptions..
- The AIA CAD Layer Guidelines offer only 1 layer for area calcs. That's rediculous. Here is a list of CAD layer names for doing BOMA area calcs that complies with the Guidelines.
- A common task in measuring space is converting from inches to decimal feet. This Conversion Chart will help if you don't have access to a measuring tape graduated in decimal feet.
- Terminology in real estate can be a Tower of Babel! Refer to this
GLOSSARY of over 200 frequently used (and mis-used) real estate terms relating to floor area measurements.
- Stumped about a measurement issue? You may find and answer in this list of 30
Frequently Asked Questions with answers.
- If you are still stumped, why don't you send your question to me? My e-mail address and other contact information appears on the left side of this page.
- Would you like to get a free spreadsheet in MS Excel format that automates 1996 BOMA rentable area calculations? Send me an e-mail! I regret that I cannot share the 2010 spreadsheets.
Copyright © 2015-2017 by Solid Tech Property Measerument
This page revised on 2/15/217